Many mathematicians are good at searching for patterns in numbers, however, an area that I think we all need to continue to explore is Visualizing.
Instead of just looking for procedural rules, or numeric patterns I encourage you to take one of the following and actually VISUALIZE what is going on.
Pick one of the above that interests you. Answer some of these questions:
- What relationships do you notice here?
- What are you curious about?
- What visual might be helpful to represent this/these relationships?
- Will these relationships work in other instances? When will it work/ when won’t it work?
- How might a visual help others see the relationships you’ve noticed?
I’d love to hear some answers. You can respond here below, or via Twitter @MarkChubb3